Curriculum Content Developer – Mental/Behavioral Health
This task is no longer accepting help.
The curriculum content developer is responsible for developing two of six interactive workbooks designed to assist clients in a variety of mental/behavioral health settings, including: individual and group counseling, substance use disorder treatment, college and university mental health clinics, and correctional facilities. Workbooks will be available in print and digital formats for client use.
Workbook Topics: Suicide and Bipolar Disorder + Facilitator Guide Content for each
The content developer should have an understanding of current therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), as well as mindfulness and grounding practices and current medication protocols. Hazelden editors will provide content outlines for each workbook as well as examples of exercises.
This is a part-time, contract position. Estimated time commitment is 15–20 hours per week during development cycles:
Suicide: October – December, 2021
Bipolar Disorder: January – March, 2022
• Develop 25–30 exercises for each of two client workbooks (Topics: Suicide and Bipolar Disorder)
• Develop Facilitator Guide content for each topic.
• Research topics related to medication management, substance use disorder, suicide prevention, brain science, and therapeutic approaches, as necessary.
• Edit and revise worksheets as necessary.
• Attend regular status meetings with Hazelden editors (weekly or biweekly, TBD).
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with editorial staff.
• Clinical Masters, Doctorate, or Medical degree in medicine, counseling, social work, or psychiatry.
• Experience writing to a lay audience; ability to explain complex concepts in relatable language.
• Ability to write concisely.
• Experience developing interactive content that includes engaging, open-ended workbook questions and activities.
• Knowledge of therapeutic approaches including but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
• Knowledge of protocols for use of medication in psychiatric presentations.
• Facility with MS Word (comments, Track Changes)
$7500 per workbook, paid in two installments (after first half of WB and after final exercise)
Skills: English, Research, Content Writing, Writing, English Grammar, Copywriting, Editing & Proofreading, Article
Apply For Task
Your info has been successfully submitted.